Since this last summer I've been sampling temperature data in my house every five minutes. It's maybe overkill, but data is fun and here's the stack I'm using:
- ESPHome + Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC (with custom firmware)
- Home Assistant + Prometheus integration
- Prometheus, Promscale, + TimescaleDB
A toy DNS resolver
- Learn a bit about DNS queries by writing a basic A record resolver.
- ADS-B, cameras, serverless functions, and a website ✈️
How I Got Pwned by My Cloud Costs
- Troy Hunt's analysis of how he spent too much on Azure blob storage.
Open Infrastrucure Map
- World infrastructure mapped in the OpenStreetMap database. Pretty interesting.